Sunday, September 21, 2008

Iftaar-cum-reunion at Ikea..



This has long been planned by us. Every year there has to be an 'Iftaar' somewhere outside with a bunch of friends. What I can remember, starting from 2006, me, Siti and Fiza (this is my Island-holiday gang)went to Al-Marjan in KLCC. The buffet there is quite expensive. The food there is of course Middle Eastern food. At that time we were joined by one of Fiza's trainer from the UK. So basically we don't quite get the freedom to eat as we like. He didn't do anything..it's just me..I don't feel THAT comfortable..Maybe thinking of what he will think looking at how we eat..hahhaa..So this Iftaar I don't think it is worth the pay..Maybe we paid for the exclusiveness of the restaurant and of course of the its location in an exclusive building (KLCC tu!! what do you expect?). However, when we asked around the restaurants on the same level there, such as Kelantan Delight and a few more which I forgot the name, the price range is just the same. So I bet the price is not a competition among them. It is more on the choice of food and preferences.



The year after that, 2007 which was last year, this time around, the group shrunk to only me and Fiza (my bestest buddy!*wink*). This year, we went to Times Square. The original plan was to check out on a hotel where our reunion is to be held. At first we are to check out on the food there. But the buffet was RM45. I don't think it's worth. We can't eat THAT much at one time. Not ME! (I know it's hard for you guys to beleive me!) So naahh..we're not going there. If it's only the two of us, it's really easy coz we're the 'belasah' type. Ok..off we go to TImes Square in case we find something and Some place we find nice to eat. As we walk while chit-chatting (we work at the same place but we never fail to have a topic to talk about. Mind you it's not all about Gossips OK!)we came across a karaoke that offers buffet! Yippee..but yeah..we shouldn't be doing that in the month of Ramadhan..but our 'Gile' in singing has made us still go..and it's just the 2 of us..Ohh!! how we enjoyed it..from those hit songs to Raya songs..semua kitorang belasah..the buffet was quite nice too..

This year..it's an economical year. I've become someone I never thought that I can ever be. Someone who can really control her spending. Before this, clothes below RM200 for me is affordable if not cheap! Clarks for me is Ok..coz it's comfortable. I drive to work every day. (64km return!)plus the toll and the parking at RM6 daily. I never even think of how to cut my expenses. To me it's just a monthly expenses and you know it. However, the rise in petrol really strike me. My RM50 can finish in a day when I would have to fill my tank and RM50 last not even 3 days! Pheww!! I really have to do something or else enough of everything as all the money has to go to petrol. I then started to know the schedule of Sri Indah bus..Gosh!!but it's not that bad after all and I'm proud of myself. I'm even more proud when for 4 consecutive months, no transaction is charged on my credit card. I've changed people!
What a diversion! this is about Iftaar..ok back to the topic, yesterday me and a bunch of friends, some of which has changed workplace, so it's kinda reunion for us too. There's eight of us. Me, Ijan,Bae,Anja,Fahriz,Farah and Kak Ngah. It's only RM16.70 per pax. We had to line up though..but I think the same goes to every other buffet. Reservation has to be made. This one, no reservation but you have to line up to ensure that you secured a place enough for your group. The food was quite ok..but don't hope for a western food buffet even though it's IKEa. But I would say it's worth the price. I like my condition after the iftaar as I didn't over stuffed my self. I can still jalan-jalan window shopping without feeling uneasy and without having to unbuttoned my jeans. The cafe of course was packed with people, but still remain comfy. by 9 O'clock we all started making our way back. Photos of course before that. Bye!! guys..we'll see how next year's Group Iftaar is gonna be..Salaam..

No comments: