Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Art of Blogging...

Hi..I'm back again..I know that ever since I started this blog...it really has to be a couple of months until I post another new post..

I decided to start blogging REGULARLY when I blog hop and read friends' blogs with regular postings..

Well I have to admit that blogging is not merely blogging..as blogging should have an art to it. Even though its a mean of expressing thoughts and feelings, but the layout and the art of writing and designing blog page leaves an impact. That's why for me to start my blog I would admit is a little bit of mind disturbing as I would say that I am not that organised nor am I good in designing.

From the content, the style of writing, the categories, linkages to other blogs until the size and colour of font plays a very important factor in attracting people to visit the blog. Even though my initial intention in blogging is only because of my interest in writing, but knowing that people read our writing is really an unexplainable satisfaction.

Many blogs I read are about their own everyday life. Some choose to call themselves by 'Mama', 'Ummi', 'Ibu', 'Mummy'...etc as their blogs are about the progress and development of their offsprings. I find this category of blog are very interesting and helpful too for new mothers to gain knowledge and share experience.
This blog of a friend of mine is my favourite. With the linkages to all blogs on the same categories and also all the progress form the early stage of pregnancy until the progress of the child, she never fail to update. Plus the nice photos its just perfect!

My other friend chooses to blog on the entertainment and show biz. He just to seem to know everything and anything on it. Any concerts in town by any famous artistes, he just have to go. Him in a photo with the artiste seems something normal without much effort needs to be done. He has reached a point where he himself can be part of the artiste. His blog is also worth reading if you want to keep track with the entertainment bizz.

But my all time favourite is this blog, a blog of a Middle East Dance Instructor, cum-my friends wife, cum-my junior schoolmate's sis. Her thoughts and thinking and also her way of writing just interests me. She has no specific category to write about. She writes almost about anything that she feels like writing. The post would range from the content and length of the post. It can be really lengthy until it has a sequel to it, or it can be really short in a few sentences yet leaves you pondering on it for days. I would want my blog to fall under this category.

I would really hope that this would be a start for me to improve on my blogging skills. Till the next post..Adios..Daa..Salam..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaam Yuhani,

Thank you very much for your kind words about my blog. I'm glad you find it helpful. Since you are connected to me in more ways than I realise (via my husband and my sister too!), probably we should meet up someday?

Keep writing. It is not always easy (I had my fair share of blogging hiccups!), but if you find it beneficial for you and you feel that there are people out there who will also benefit from it, I say you keep on blogging girl! ;)

Love,
Naziehah

@nannoor said...

boss,
ada blog gak ekkk...
heheheh
aku pun baca jgak naziehah punye blog.
penah terjumpa dia sekali dgn zul kat wendy's sunway pyramid.
btw, lama x dgr citer ko.