Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bangkok Expresso



Iftaar..outside again!! I don't know why towards the end of Ramadhan, my appetite kind of requires me to think of something other than Office Cafe and Pasar Ramadhan food. This is like a few days away from pay day..but still APETTITE N TUMMY surpasses all!!Eventhough at that time I only have RM30 in my wallett..For something in the Secret Recipe Category I think that would be enough.

Ok it was me, Fahriz, Azrul and Kak Pah. We walk to The Weld in Jalan Raja Chulan. WALK ok!..It's just a 15 minutes walk. Just a level even ground walk. No Hills and slopes at all. So it's not that adventurous yet. I think my heart beat after the walking maybe is just at 120. So, it has to be more to burn fat.

Before this I've tried Secret Recipe in The Weld. A few other restaurant there is O'Brien, there's one Kopitiam, a Middle Eastern Restaurant and a few others. We went to every level of this small place, and came across Bangkok Expresso. They displayed the price outside of the restaurant and looking at the price, still affordable, so that's when we decided to eat there.

The restaurant looks quite exclusive. Now since it's Ramadhan, they have Sets. So we decided to take the Set for 4. The set is inclusive of Sweet-sour Kerapu Fish (this was supposed to be Talapia Fish with Kerabu Mangga, but that Fish is finished), Green Curry, Tom Yam, Stir Fried Kangkung (my favourite), Rice (of course!), Starters (Popia, mcm Bergedel and a few other from the same family with popia but don't know the name), Air Bandung and Dates. Everything in a portion that is more than enough for 4. Before we decided to order for the Set, we have ordered drinks thinking that we may want to order individually. So we had like 3 drinks each. Bandung, our ordered drinks and plain water. (Hamekk kau!)

It's quite nice and worth the pay. Again, we were guessing on the bill that would come. But as we have had the experience in Kenny Rogers, the 1st thing that I look for is whether or not we can pay through credit card.

The bill came to a total of RM134. I thought that the most would only be RM120. Again i under-calculate by RM10. However this time Azrul has RM100 with him and the others have more than enough to pay for their own.

We WALK back to the office. The plan was to take a cab back. But I think walking back is better. Plus we have to WAIT for the cab. It's not there waiting for you (hehehe..ade kan Teksi yg tunggu passanger?.

No comments: