Sunday, August 8, 2010

Success is Diverse....

When my age is creeping towards a new number, (not gonna be two in front anymore...), I started to realise how I see things differently, how my quest of life is now diverting to something more meaningful, more soulful, how wisdom is deemed more enjoyable than entertainment per se. I thank Allah for this change and I still pray that it stays on the correct track though.

I started to track down my success in this 29 years of living, and how I want to succeed until how long more my life would be. Do we consider success only when we get good pointer and grades in study? Or when we manage to get promoted every three years of our career? Or when we marry our lover and bear healthy and smart kids out of the marriage? Or one most important success but always be left behind and forgotten is when we succeed to stay in great strong Iman, be on the Highest stage of Taqwa only to Him the Almighty. This is one diversity in success.

Another diversity in success is, how today's success never determines the success of tomorrow. We work hard for a better tomorrow, but always expect that failure may still come even after series of hardwork, for the ultimate power is still in the hands of Allah. That is when do'a, tawakkal and redha has to always be in a package of hardwork, and never doubt Allah's power and also His Love.

We may not win a competition we compete in, but we may succeed more in the future from the winner itself. This is what we call 'rizq'(arabic word for Luck and Provision). It also definitely out of hard work and Allah's willingness to give us the success that we deserve. One example that I can only think of right now (at this wee of hour 2.13am!May not be a good one but simple to see and link with) is Aizat the singer from a reality show A**d*mi F**tasi*. He wasn't even one of the finalist of that show, but I would say he is successful in what he is doing now. Composing his own song, knows what he wants in his career and realizing it to not be a dream or plan anymore but a real success in life. He was good then when he was in the show, but he was still voted out as the 'Winner' title was not meant for him, as Allah has something much more better in store for him. And because he believes in that but not yet assured of it, he work hard for it, and he is where he is now.

I leave you with his latest song, being he himself as the composer and also the lyricist i think. A good composition indeed!

2 comments:

Naziehah said...

What a great post! Thank you for reminding me that our success today does not mean success tomorrow and vice versa.

And yes, Aizat is a really good example! I really like he fact that Malaysian artists are becoming more original and hard-working.

Keep on writing dear and I am working on my entry to answer your question. Tunggu jap ek sibuk la nk submission date dah ni :D

yuhani said...

Hi Zieha dear..thanks for the comment..yes I'm getting my momentum to write now..It's just a matter of making sure that I write my thoughts and make others benefit from it..

It's ok take your time and good luck with your dissertation!