Sunday, August 1, 2010

Autism..A new Challenge

At last..I blog again after so many posts I don't bother to write on. So many to start with of course. But one important one is, I decided to tender my resignation from my present company that I work with and to be exact the only company I work with after I graduated and that means, it's good 7 years in the company. At last! I would say.

Since I made a decision to quit the job, of course I have to have plans on what would be next. Of course not another bank, because if it is, it should be years ago. I decided to do something that I like and something very near to me. Definitely it's teaching and writing. Lecturers (part time or full time), tutor, tuition teacher, writer, news broadcaster, documentary producer, script writer (to list a few of what I once dreamt of becoming and is still dreaming of becoming). After giving much thought and pray for the courage, it is Now or Never.

Ok, i think you guys would already have an idea of how my life would be after this, and what I am through now. But, what moves me to blog, (not even an excitement journey or holiday manage to make me blog even though I always wanted to, but the urge is not this strong, not as strong as what I feel now.)

After I decided to quit the job, I have been actively seeking for a private tuition teacher opportunity. there's a few offer, but this one that I get, I know would be a great challenge for me. I was contacted by a parent who wants me to private-teach his son with autism. I am not all blank about autism. I've heard about it, watched one movie on autistic people, have friends who has family members on autism, but definitely I am not all ready with what to do, how to handle or all fluent with their characteristics and 'spectrum' (even this word is after a few research on Autism)of this disorder. I am all excited but at the same time nervous of what's waiting for me. But being a geek me, I like this challenge because at least from today onwards, I know what to search for, I know what to write on, what to work on for and I have an objective and goals to work on towards.

I found so many interesting facts on Autism, and how never an autistic child are with the same characteristic with another autistic child. I even stumbled upon an autistic blogger who is already a professor himself, an autistic group in Facebook, and many more to come. Whatever it is this is really exciting! And I promise to have a log book of my autistic student and to share every experience that I will go through. Pray for me!

4 comments:

jannahrais said...

hah..all the best yuhani!
sedangkan nak ajar ammar ni pun aku rase macam dah banyak songeh dah dia buat..ni kan plak nak ajar anak murid istimewa ek..
takpe...berkat sabar...ikhlas ko ngajar...dapat le tu nanti

Liz said...

wowo, kak yuhani. berani menyahut cabaran. jgn lupa kongsi pengalaman tentang pelajar baru akak tu. at least, kami lebih memahami apa itu autism.

hasif napi said...

Salam, Boss all the best.i'll bet it will be an interesting challenge for you.
Try to consider autism not as a disabilities but more like having different @ special learning cues or channels.
Ada satu buku best yg aku baca pasal pengalaman autism people ni. nanti aku carik balik.

yuhani said...

salam, 'hidup bahagia' ni sape? anyway thanks for the great opinion..