Thursday, October 16, 2008

DVDs..

A problem in the streamyx line these few days has left me with no other choice but watching the DVDs that I have long bought but haven't watch..I'm not really updated with the latest movies. Not the kind of person who would rush to see a movie on the 1st day it enters the cinema. Neither do I bother to buy DVD. But once in a while when I happen to be in a DVD store I''ll buy more than 5 DVDs and since I don't keep up with what's new and what's great, synopsis of the movie at the back of the cover really influence the buying.

Ok..Back to what I've watched..but before that, I bought these DVDs if I'm not mistaken during my visit to my sister's in Bintulu..You can somewhat tell what DVD movie they have there in Bintulu! (heheh..no offence Bintulu people! It's a nice small town though..Ok..I bought 3 'Find Love', 'Children of Men' and ' The Forest of the Tree'( I can relate the title and the storyline for the first two DVD but this last one I have no idea why 'The Forest of the Tree' maybe you guys can help me figured it out once I tell what's it about)..


CHILDREN OF MEN


This movie is actually an adaptation from a Novel by P.D James with the same title. The novel was published ni 1992. But the movie was in 2006.(See! I've told you that I'm not updated enough in movies!But this is considered good enough, 2006 movie watched in 2008.)ok..back to the movie..it was set in year 2027 where human face the threat of extinction. At the beginning of the story, the world is crying on the death of the world's youngest person aged 18. Imagine, the world has no new birth in 18 years. In the race against time, the main character Theo (Clive Owen)together with a terrorist group which is led by his ex-wife (Julian Moore) is in a mission to save an immigrant girl who is pregnant. Having had the experience of losing their own child, Theo and his wife is very determine to save the girl even if it means having to risk their own life. On the way to their mission, England at that time is very racist and bias towards Immigrants. Sheltering an immigrant is a big crime. So, on the way to save the girl to 'The Human Project', (a project by the scientists to help save the future of human kind) the ex-wife were killed by a group of locals armed with dangerous weapons. Not only her, Theo's good friend also was shot dead by a terrorist. Despite his frustration of having to loose all his loved ones, he is still in his mission to save the girl, as she has the most precious thing on earth at that moment. A BABY!! The background of the story is a really different side of London and England which you wouldn't want to live and see. Bombs, shoots and shouts are everywhere. Buildings wreckage, debris, smokes and pollution are everywhere. The girl managed to deliver the baby safely and are really near to the end of the mission where The Human Project ship saw her boat. However, Theo died of too much bleeding.
Another main character together with them is Miriam (a midwife)who in this story told her side of story on how she realised that the whole world is facing an infertility problem where there's no new pregnancy at the hospital where she worked, a hospital where her cousins, and friends work and until there's no more cries of newborn baby.

That's a little bit of the story. What I like apart from the movie is the songs in it.

Another DVD that I watched I'll tell u guys in my next post. That one needs more analytical views and comments from me rather than just a synopsis alone. Ok..I think I'm gonna start watching DVDs now!!

No comments: